Night before (10 minutes)
8 digestive biscuits, crushed
25g butter or margarine
1) Crush the digestive biscuits by placing in a sealed plastic bag and banging with a rolling pin until they are crumbs or use a food processor.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan at a low heat.
3) Combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter and place in ceramic or glass container to form a base. Chill overnight or for half an hour in the freezer.
The Day (10 minutes)
200 ml whipping cream
250g grapes, mixture of green and black
1 apple & 1 banana
1) Chop the fruit and place on the biscuit base conserving some halved grapes of different colours
2) Whip the cream with a hand or electric whisk and spoon over the fruit.
3) Decorate with the conserved grapes.
Cook’s Tip: The quantities can be varied as to whether you want more base, more fruit or more cream. You use different fruits such as strawberries and raspberries. You could also try replacing the cream with low fat Greek yoghurt.